March 9, 2022

My Favorite Books with Character Names in the Titles


I was inspired by a recent Top Ten Tuesday meme and decided to put together a visual of some of my favorite books with character names in the titles. These were all 4 or 5-star reads. Click on the title for my review.

Dear Edward by Ann Napolitano


A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman

Henry, Himself by Stewart O'Nan

The Story of Arthur Truluv by Elizabeth Berg

Hamnet by Maggie O'Farrell (review to come)


Daisy Fay and the Miracle Man by Fannie Flagg (pre-blogging days)

Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid

Losing Julia by Jonathan Hull

Emily, Alone by Stewart O'Nan


Julie and Romeo by Jeanne Ray

Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf (pre-blogging days)

Circe by Madeline Miller

Oona Out of Order by Margarita Montimore

Pope Joan by Donna Woolfolk Cross (pre-blogging days)

Young Jane Young by Gabrielle Zevin

The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion

The Janes by Louisa Luna

Some that I forgot to include in the collage:


The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski

Still Alice by Lisa Genova

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (pre-blogging days)

Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Stout

What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty

Julie and Julia by Julie Powell


My Antonia by Willa Cather


16 comments:

  1. How fun! From the picture, I recall reading about 12 of these and all (9) of the others on the list - we do have similar taste in books:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane. It was a fun meme! Yes, we do have similar taste in books, don't we?

      Delete
  2. This made me laugh! I've read ten, but I see others that I should have read by now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of winners here, Jen!

      Delete
  3. The only books in the list that I've read are The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry, A Man Called Ove, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine, and A Prayer for Owen Meany.

    I almost read The Story of Arthur Truluv but got sidetracked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, The Story of Arthur Truluv is a heartwarming book. I enjoyed Night of Miracles a little bit more, though.

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness! There are so many books on your list---Hamnet, Anne of Green Gables, Eleanor & Park, Olive Kitteridge---that I have loved. I should check out some of the ones I haven't read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, there are a lot to choose from! :)

      Delete
  5. My 2 favorites on your list have the same name: Eleanor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Those were great books, Helen.

      Delete
  6. Love this idea for a booklist! Mind if I borrow it for a booktalk topic? -JenJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! I'll email you the images, if you like, Jen.

      Delete
  7. This is a fun collage! I think we have similar tastes in reading...I've read and loved 12 of the books in your collage and about half of the books on your additional list. I know I've discovered many of the books from your reviews. So please keep them coming! šŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurel, it was fun to create the collage. I'm so pleased that you are getting good ideas from my book reviews. xo

      Delete
  8. I like that list! You have given me some good ideas!

    ReplyDelete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!