October 15, 2022

20 Books of Summer 2022 Recap

 

I love this reading challenge and I read some wonderful novels this past summer. I decided to continue with this challenge until the official end of summer, which was over three weeks ago, and I also chose to include one last book from my original list even though I didn't finish it until October 1st. I spent most of September reading the book, so I figure it counts as part of my final tally.

I read a total of 18 books, giving up on four from my original list and adding four others. That leave two remaining, which I plan to read in the coming weeks. Not bad, especially since we had a busy summer with guests and traveling!


The top row of books were my favorites and the bottom row includes my least favorite. I'm surprised that I did so much better this year compared to the 2021 challenge. Reviews for all of the above books can be found by clicking on the "Search This Blog" widget at the top of the right sidebar.


12 comments:

  1. You did great; I LOVED the ones on your top row. Did you start the "did not finish titles and just quit them?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, yeah I started those, but could't get interested. Could have been a timing thing, but they're not calling to me anymore. Have you read any of them? Should I give any a second chance?

      Delete
  2. I'm glad there's someone out there who also wasn't enamored with Crying in H Mart. That was a DNF for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa, I read it with my book club (at my recommendations, based on all the glowing reviews!), but didn't care for it very much. If I hadn't needed to read it for book club, it might have been a DNF for me, as well.

      Delete
  3. Great reading and from the ones I've read, I agree with your placement on top vs bottom row.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, that top row has some of my favorites for the year. Such good writing!

      Delete
  4. I have The Narrowboat Summer on my list; I would love to actually one day travel on a boat like that down the canals in England! Looks like you read a ton of great books this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin, The Narrowboat Summer is one that I would like to read again, it was that enjoyable. Traveling by a narrowboat would be a fun trip! Yes, I got lucky and read some real gems this summer.

      Delete
  5. You did a fantastic job on this challenge, Les! I really enjoyed Olive, Again, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb. I really like the Olive books, and I'm looking forward to reading more by Strout.

      Delete
  6. Wow you did really well on summer reading! 18! I only read 5 out of 10 books picked. (Terrible record.) Your top row looks like solid reads. You had a busy summer too, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, 18 is a lot, but I pretty much added an extra month to the challenge, so... ;)

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!