September 26, 2024

Bow River Campground - Day Two

Disclaimer: I am finally posting about our trip to Canada, while we are currently on a trip to Wyoming. Many of these photos were shared on Instagram & Facebook, so they may look familiar to you. Sorry for any confusion!

Canada Road Trip (Summer 2023)
June 9-10, 2023
Black Diamond to Canmore, Alberta, Canada
Daily Mileage: 121
Site: 10
Duration: 2 nights
Cost: $56/night
Weather: Sunny & Rainy (70s)
Cell Coverage: 1-2 bars Verizon & 1 bar TMobile

Day Two

I enjoyed my morning coffee and walk, keeping an eye out for wildlife across the river. The campground was very peaceful with lots of birds singing and the sounds of campers cooking breakfast or sitting around their campfires, sipping coffee. The sun was shining and the sky wasn't as hazy as the previous day. The only wildlife of note was a small herd of mule deer across the river. Still no bears or moose. 

While Rod worked on his manuscript, I joined Lou & Shannon for a trip into Canmore (10 minutes from the campground). We wandered around town, poking in and out of the shops before stopping to get lunch at Grizzly Paw Brewing Company. Canmore is a vibrant, walkable town with great views of the surrounding mountains. I loved spending time there, eager to return with Rod.

On my walk

Mule deer


Three Sisters


Spacious campsites










Bighorn Nut Brown


Excellent fish & chips!








Three Sisters

A very unique and attractive campsite marker!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!