September 6, 2024

Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum (McMinnville, Oregon)

Disclaimer: I am finally posting about our trip to Canada, while we are currently on a trip to Wyoming. Many of these photos were shared on Instagram & Facebook, so they may look familiar to you. Sorry for any confusion! 

Canada Road Trip (Summer 2023)
May 29, 2023
Depoe Bay to McMinnville, Oregon
Daily Mileage: 67
Site: Parking Lot
Duration: 1 night
Cost: Free (Harvest Host)
Weather: Sunny and warm (80)
Cell Coverage: 4 bars Verizon & TMobile

Our first day of our big Canadian adventure! McMinnville is a short drive from home, but our departure day always involves a lot of preparation and last minute loading, so we didn't leave until after lunch. We arrived mid-afternoon and spent an hour or so wandering around the museum ($38 for the two of us). Well worth it! Surprisingly, after traveling to Oregon for 20 years, and now living here for a half dozen, this was our first visit to the museum. 

Our "campsite" was quiet once the radio control car enthusiasts had gone home. 

Douglas C-47 Skytrain 




Spruce Goose




Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird










4 comments:

  1. That is COOL!! I would love to see that museum. Looks like a great time. Hope you are having fun in Wyoming and look forward to seeing photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, it's a cool museum. I loved that we saw the Spruce Goose.

      Having a fun road trip to Wyoming. Starting our second week tomorrow! Pics are all on Instagram & Facebook. I won't have any on here for a long time... :)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you are off on an adventure to Wyoming, and I hope that includes time in Yellowstone, one of my favorite places on earth. Thank you for sharing your photos from your trip last year to Canada. I've never been anywhere except Toronto in Canada, though I've often wanted to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, we do plan to visit Yellowstone for a couple of days on our current trip. We have two nights in West Yellowstone, which should be fun. I hope you get to visit more of Canada someday. My favorite spot is Vancouver Island, which we hope to re-visit next summer.

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!