September 28, 2024

Tunnel Mountain Trailer Court - Day Two (Lake Louise)

Disclaimer: I am finally posting about our trip to Canada, while we are currently on a trip to Wyoming. Many of these photos were shared on Instagram & Facebook, so they may look familiar to you. Sorry for any confusion!

Canada Road Trip (Summer 2023)
June 11-15, 2023
Canmore to Banff, Alberta, Canada
Daily Mileage: 22
Site: A712
Duration: 4 nights
Cost: $55/night
Weather: Sun & rain (70-80, but down to 40 in a.m.)
Cell Coverage: 1-2 bars Verizon & 1 bar TMobile

Day Two (Lake Louise)

This was a fun day! While Rod worked on his manuscript for Ship of Lost Souls, I joined Lou and Shannon for a day of adventure. We drove out to the Lake Louise Ski Resort where we caught a double-decker tour bus to Lake Louise and Moraine Lake. 

Lake Louise was beautiful! We wandered around the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise before going for a walk on the trail around the lake, taking photos at every turn. It was pretty hot and we were on a time schedule, so we eventually made our way back to the parking lot to catch the bus to Moraine Lake. It would be fun to return someday and do more hiking on the trails around the lake. Parking is very limited, though, so the bus system is really the way to go.


One of the roads in the campground

Beautiful morning for a walk!


Lots of privacy!




Bow River




Our bus to Lake Louise & Moraine Lake

Lake Louise



Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise




Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise


5 comments:

  1. Ok. Fairmont Chateau on Lake Louise? Sign me up (covering both posts in one comment again). I haven't been to Banff but your post definitely make want to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, Banff & Lake Louise are definitely worthwhile, but I enjoyed Moraine Lake more. And Jasper, although the fire did so much damage to that town. :( I hope you can take a trip up there and explore the area. So much beauty in the Canadian Rockies!

      Delete
  2. Did you meet up with Teri?? When I read Lake Louise, the old Byrds song popped right in my head. "In the blue Canadian Rockies. On the banks of Lake Louise."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan, no we weren't on that side of Wyoming. We were in the upper northwest corner and she's on the opposite side of the state. Someday...

      I'll have to go listen to that Byrds' song. I'm not familiar with it. Thanks for popping in with your comment. I miss hearing from you! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Your photos always make me miss my childhood. My family owned a cabin on a lake and we'd go there on many weekends throughout the year. They also had a camper that we'd go camping in around Ohio. Loved doing both!

    ReplyDelete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!