October 4, 2024

Tunnel Mountain Trailer Court - Day Three (Banff)

Disclaimer: I am finally posting about our trip to Canada, while we are currently on a trip to Wyoming. Many of these photos were shared on Instagram & Facebook, so they may look familiar to you. Sorry for any confusion!

Canada Road Trip (Summer 2023)
June 11-15, 2023
Canmore to Banff, Alberta, Canada
Daily Mileage: 22
Site: A712
Duration: 4 nights
Cost: $55/night
Weather: Sun & rain (70-80, but down to 40 in a.m.)
Cell Coverage: 1-2 bars Verizon & 1 bar TMobile

Day Three

After a relaxing morning, I took the shuttle into Banff to do a little exploring. The main street is full of touristy, souvenir-type shops, as well as some nicer boutiques, galleries and restaurants. I was happy to leave the crowded streets and go toward the edge of town where I could check out the view of the Bow River and the Cascades of Time Garden. The latter was an unexpected treat and had I more time, I would have liked to have relaxed in the sunshine with a good book! I eventually caught the shuttle back to the campground and as I was walking back to our site, I saw what looked like a large domestic cat in the middle of the road. It was watching me, as I was watching it while trying to figure out why someone would let their cat wander outside of their RV. It ran up the small hill to the next row of campsites, so I followed along, as did another woman who thought (correctly, as it turns out!) that it might be a lynx. I got a couple of photos with my phone, which are pretty blurry. I regret that I wasn't carrying my Canon with the telephoto lens!

Mt. Rundle

Bow River



Cute sign





Mount Norquay?


Banff National Park Administration Building












Lynx!


1 comment:

  1. Protected places, how I love that phrase! Did you know that I worked as a travel agent for twenty years? I booked some couples to Banff and they loved me for suggesting they go there! Ah , memories of beautiful places that I researched but never visited! So that was a lynx that you saw in the road? It must have been rather big! Hope you are doing well these days, Les! Dang phone just changed your name to "Yes", had to fix it! LOL. Take care! Tell Rod I said "hey" and I still love books about ships! I see he has a new one coming out in November! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!