January 30, 2007

From the Stacks Challenge - Finished!


Ta-da! I managed to complete this challenge with days to spare. Not too bad considering I didn't start until December. Click on the titles to read my reviews.

The Other Side of the Bridge by Mary Lawson (B+)
The Swallows of Kabul by Yasmina Khadra (C)
The Baker's Apprentice by Judith Hendricks (B-)
Leave Me Alone, I'm Reading by Maureen Corrigan (C-)
A Circle of Quiet by Madeleine L'Engle (C-)

Unfortunately, all but one of these books is worth keeping. I'm not sorry I read the others; just sorry they weren't as good as I'd hoped.

6 comments:

  1. Well done! Too bad you didn't enjoy them more but at least they are no longer taking up space in your tbr piles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:55 PM

    Congrats on finishing (I'm afraid I didn't do as well!). Sometimes books don't end up being as good as I hope, but I can usually get something good out of them. At least you can move them out of your pile now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you like The Other Side of the Bridge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:12 AM

    Awesome! Too bad they weren't all amazing reads but still you finished your challenge. And, hey this means more room for new books :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on finishing the challenge, sorry they weren't all what you expected or hoped for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nat - Yah, but you should see how many replaced just those five! Between Christmas, my birthday and several my mom passed on to me, my stacks have multiplied like bunnies!

    Danielle - Reading these for the challenge forced me to finish what I probably would have otherwise tossed aside unfinished.

    Kailana - I did, I did! Not sure if I'd say I loved it, but it was definitely a good read and worthwhile.

    Iliana - Yah, but it does feel good to have accomplished what I set out to do. The only one that was on my shelf for a long time (couple of years) was The Baker's Apprentice. All the rest were fairly new acquisitions.

    Carl - Thanks. Nice to have at least read all five. So far, so good with my other two challenges.

    ReplyDelete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!