February 5, 2021

Looking Back - Host Family

Looking Back... In an effort to transfer my book journal entries over to this blog, I'm going to attempt to post (in chronological order) an entry every Friday. I may or may not add extra commentary to what I jotted down in these journals. 



Fiction
2000 Grand Central Publishing
Read in March 2000
Rating: 3/5 (Good)

Publisher's Blurb:

Daisy and Henry have been married for 20 years, and for all that time they have served as host families for international students coming to study at Harvard. So Daisy should have seen it coming when Henry dumps her for the extremely French Giselle.

My Original Thoughts (2000):

A good book, but nothing special. It kept my interest, but was very predictable.

My Current Thoughts:

I have no recollection of this novel or of the author. It's not the sort of book I'd pick up now.

6 comments:

  1. :) So many of the books I read are nothing special, but keep my interest, and then are completely forgotten. That's fine. There's always chaff in the wheat and so many books to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenclair, you're right. They can't all be winners.

      Delete
  2. I had to go search through my archives because I was sure I had read this author and I have but not this book. Unfortunately the book I did read I considered a favorite and now I cannot remember any of it! Goodness... Well, maybe like Jenclair said, it was enjoyable but just didn't leave a lasting impression.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iliana, I suppose they can't all be memorable! Even some that I know I loved don't always leave detailed impressions.

      Delete
  3. I always find it interesting to see the books I did choose as a younger person. I blame some of my poor choices on limited selections at my library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I don't know if I used the library a lot 20 years ago, but it was also pre-blogging days, so most of my recommendations came from a couple of Yahoo groups. Who knows how I heard about this one.

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!