August 3, 2022

A Month in Summary - July 2022

Little Whale Cove
Depoe Bay, Oregon
July 2022

We're on the road again, heading down to Santa Rosa, CA for a family visit. This has been THE summer for catching up with family. We had a group visit us in May, and another in June, and most recently my aunt & uncle and some of their "kids" and grandkids were here in July. Now it's our turn to visit another aunt and cousins. Fingers crossed we continue to stay Covid-free!

I had a decent month of reading, but my numbers are low due to the fact that I gave up on several books that weren't keeping me interested. My favorites were The Narrowboat Summer and The Summer of '69, both of which I read for the 20 Books of Summer challenge. Unfortunately, Lunch in Paris is the only book I managed to complete for the Paris in July challenge




Books Read (click on the title for my review):

The Narrowboat Summer by Anne Youngson (4/5)

Klara and the Sun by Kazuo Ishiguro (2/5)

Summer of '69 by Elin Hilderbrand (4/5)

Lunch in Paris by Elizabeth Bard (3/5)

Abandoned:

The Paris Library by Janet Skeslien Charles

The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George

Little French Bistro by Nina George

Euphoria by Lily King


Movies & TV Series:


Blood
- We enjoyed this series, which reminded me a little bit of The Staircase.


What Remains - Another decent British series that kept me guessing. 


Eight Days a Week - I love documentaries about bands and this one didn't disappoint. Not as good as Get Back, but still worth watching.


Yesterday - Continuing with the Beatles' theme, we decided to watch this movie. We both were surprised that we enjoyed it so well. 


Redemption - This detective series was my favorite for the month. More of a family drama than a police procedural, but I enjoyed the acting and storyline. DI Colette Cunningham is played by Irish actress Paula Malcomson (best known in the states as Trixie from Deadwood.)
 
Visitors!

Cora (4) and Quinn (8)

Tia with her great nephew and great nieces!
Jude (8), Sylvie (12), Cora (4) and Quinn (8)

And with her nephews, niece, and spouses.
Ashley, Trevor, Dulcie, Heather and Tyler


Fun times with the "littles"
 (and one not so little!).

Mom's sister (Alison) with Rod and Mom.

It's always fun to see family and, thankfully, the weather cooperated!

While we're traveling, I'm going to post a travel series from our spring vacation to Central Oregon. Enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. Wow looks like fun times. The kids seem adorable. Have a great road trip. And maybe we'll try out Redemption if I can find it. The movie Yesterday I thought was very cute ... seen it twice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, the kids are very sweet and fun to be with. Our road trip is going well so far. We're in the Redwoods and it was a little warm yesterday. Today we head to our destination and it's supposed to be 80 today, but mid-70s the remainder of our visit. Definitely not bad for August! I can see watching Yesterday a second time. It was cute and entertaining. Safe travels to you, too!

      Delete
  2. Les, your pictures are wonderful! You all look so happy and delighted to be together. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kay! It's always nice to spend time with family.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful family photos; it looks like you've all had a great time catching up and just being together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Helen. It's always fun to have this family visit. The kids are super sweet, but they're growing up far too quickly.

      Delete
  4. Laurel7:19 AM

    I hadn't heard from you in a while, so I just checked in on your blog. Apparently I'm not receiving blog notifications. :-( I hope you're having a great trip to Santa Rosa! Looks like you've had a lot of wonderful family time this summer...such sweet photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurel, I'm sorry you were having trouble with notifications, but am glad you checked in. I was having problems myself with Bloglovin' so I switched over to Feedly, which has worked well. I do subscribe to some (yours included) via email, but mostly use Feedly to keep track of the blogs I routinely follow.

      We're having a good visit in Santa Rosa and it's not too hot, which is nice (and surprising!). Lots of family time this year, which has been great. We head north again in a few days and will be home for a couple of weeks. After that, we head out to Montana! Can't wait to explore a new area!

      Delete
  5. So glad you got to spend time with people you love! We've all learned how important it is to be with those we care about in the last few years, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, appreciating family and friends after a couple of years of isolation is definitely a silver lining to the pandemic.

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!