August 10, 2022

Cove Palisades State Park (Part Three)

Central Oregon Road Trip
Monday, May 23, 2022
The Cove Palisades State Park (Crooked River Campground)
Sunny and warm

I took a lot of photos on our final day at this campground, so I'm dividing the day into two posts. 

It was a beautiful day with lots of sunshine and comfortable temps. After breakfast, we enjoyed a walk around the wetland loop, and later spotted an osprey on top of a power pole by our campsite.

Not sure if this is a salamander or a skink.
I wasn't about to pick it up for a closer look!


Northern Harrier







I watched this osprey for
 at least 15 minutes. So cool!




I guess he was watching me, too.

All photos were shot with my new Canon EOS and Canon RF100-400mm F5.6-8 telephoto lens. It's exactly what I wanted for wildlife photography!

10 comments:

  1. Such sharp photos... you must be loving than lens!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, JoAnn. I am! It's a great lens and isn't too heavy, so I can get sharp images without having to use a tripod.

      Delete
  2. I love seeing all this nature photos from your travels. Osprey are so fascinating to watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane. I'm so glad I have such a great camera set-up for these type of shots. Ospreys are very cool! I love his serious expression in the last shot. :)

      Delete
  3. Your camera does a fantastic job of nature photography. It's so fun to be out enjoying yourself and be able to bring back such good photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my phone camera, Helen, but this camera and lens is great for nature shots. Even cropping them tightly makes for great photos.

      Delete
  4. Cool pix. That one shot looks like the Osprey has a fish in his talons. First pic on the post. How interesting to watch him. We too have one Osprey on a tall light post in the park we watch - on a large nest. A second one nearby seems to be looking for food all the time. Interesting birds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, the osprey was eating that fish for a long time! They are very cool birds.

      Delete
  5. That last shot of the. Osprey is so cool. That lens definitely got you up closer right? Wonderful shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iliana, he was definitely watching me! Yes, my new lens is great for close-ups. I've been taking a lot of photos this morning of elk. Nice to be able to keep my distance, but still get some close-up shots!

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!