June 27, 2023

Hidden Lake Hike (Part One) - Glacier, Montana

Glacier National Park Road Trip (Fall 2022)
September 18, 2022
Going to the Sun Road

We spent the previous day catching up on laundry, cleaning, and general RV maintenance, so I was ready for more adventures and decided to catch the shuttle from the Apgar Visitor Center and head back to Avalanche Lake. While on the shuttle, I met a very nice couple from Council Bluffs, Iowa and decided to join them on their hike to Hidden Lake. The shuttle took us on Going to the Sun Road, which was fantastic! The views were amazing and I was glad that I switched my plans to go to Logan Pass instead of back to Avalanche Lake.

Since I took so many photos on this single day, I'm dividing my posts into three separate entries. This first post is of the beautiful views from the shuttle and the final stats from the hike, which unfortunately I wasn't able to complete. When we reached the beginning of the descent to the lake, we realized we wouldn't have enough time to go down and back before the last shuttles departed. We lucked out and got on one of the very last shuttles of the season. Phew!













8 comments:

  1. It's the elevation changes that kill me on hikes. I'm such a flatlander.

    Stunning photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deb! I'm a flatlander, too. :) I noticed the elevation gains, especially on our current trip to Canada. The hiking was great fun, but I sure was huffing and puffing up the hills!

      Delete
  2. I've never been to Montana and you are making it very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, we loved Montana. If you make it up there, and get to Glacier National Park, it's a short drive up to Waterton Park in Alberta. Highly recommend!

      Delete
  3. Love the photos! Montana has some great parks that I would love to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, we love Montana! Glacier National Park is one of our places to camp.

      Delete
  4. What amazing scenery. It's too bad you weren't able to complete the hike but that's great that you at least enjoyed a bit of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iliana, it was pretty stunning! Next time, I'll plan to go earlier in the morning so I can hike the entire trail.

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!