July 9, 2023

Boise, Idaho - Daytrip

Glacier National Park Road Trip (Fall 2022)
Boise, Idaho Daytrip
September 25, 2022

After polling our friends on social media, we chose Big City Coffee in Boise for lunch and coffees. We were not disappointed! The restaurant is very popular (and noisy!), so we opted to eat outside. The flies were annoying, but the food was delicious.



Mexican Mocha for me!



We got one of their famous cinnamon rolls to take back to the RV to have for breakfast the next day. They were HUGE! Before I cut it up, this one was about the size of a styrofoam take-out container. We also got a peach pie scone that was devoured before I could get a picture. We would definitely return, if we're ever in Boise again.
 

Pretty artwork near Big City Coffee

Another friend recommended a visit to the World Center for Birds of Prey. We didn't get to watch one of the outdoor demonstrations, but I did meet a 3-year-old hawk-eagle, which was pretty cool.





I also got to see a Harpy Eagle, a Barred Owl, and a Peregrine Falcon. 







Fun day!

4 comments:

  1. I think bird/raptor sanctuaries are pretty cool places. The birds are so majestic and powerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, this might have been my first visit to a bird sanctuary. It was pretty cool to see them up close!

      Delete
  2. I love owls - so interesting these birds. I have not seen an eagle like that with that on its head. Boise seems a rocking place -- popular now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love owls, too, Susan. We have one or two in the neighborhood, but I've never seen them. We did have one that hung out in a tree by our porch when we lived in Nebraska. He appeared one day right after the Fourth of July. I think the fireworks spooked him out of his usual spot, so he stayed around our place for a week or so. It was pretty cool! Yep, Boise is a happening spot. I prefer Montana over Idaho, but we did enjoy our afternoon in town.

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!