July 1, 2023

Hidden Lake Hike (Part Three) - Glacier National Park

Glacier National Park Road Trip (Fall 2022)
September 18, 2022
Hidden Lake Hike

I was hoping to see all sorts of wildlife on this hike, and while I didn't see any bears or bighorn sheep, I was very happy to spot this mountain goat. He was close to the trail, so I was able to get a couple of shots of him before he leaped off a rock and headed down toward the lake. I also saw a couple of marmots, which have pretty nasty looking claws!






6 comments:

  1. Cute mountain goat and marmots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, I was thrilled to see them!

      Delete
  2. That Big Horn Sheep is totally cool! I think any animals we can see in the wild are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, I agree. I love seeing wildlife on our travels. BTW, this is a mountain goat. Bighorn sheep have curved horns like a ram.

      Delete
  3. The mountain goat is amazing. Love the fuzzy white fur. Those animals can stand on a crazy steep precipice! What a good shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I was using a pretty good telephoto lens, but I was probably closer than I should have been. I would never get that close to a bear or moose, so I'm not sure why I thought a mountain goat would be safe. I'm sure if he/she felt threatened, I could have been knocked down!

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!