February 11, 2024

Favorite Audiobooks 2023

 

I feel as if I didn't listen to as many audiobooks in 2023 as I usually do. But, looking at previous years' stats, I wasn't too far behind, given that I listened to two very long novels. Lonesome Dove is almost 37 hours in length, and Cutting for Stone is close to 24.

Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry (Narrated by Lee Horsley) 4/5

Wrong Place Wrong Time by Gillian McAllister (Narrated by Lesley Sharp) 4/5

The Push by Ashley Audrain (Narrated by Marin Ireland) 4.5/5

The Fixed Stars by Molly Wizenberg (Narrated by Erin Mallon) 4/5

Thank You for Listening by Julia Whelan (Narrated by Julia Whelan) 4/5

The Anthropocene Reviewed by John Green (Narrated by John Green) 4.5/5 


For more of my audiobook favorites, click here.

6 comments:

  1. I haven't read or listened to any of these books. I was getting so much better at listening to audio books, which for me was a huge change. And now, I haven't listened for a couple months. I have some flights coming up so maybe I'll find an audiobook to listen to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, now that I'm able to get outside and do longer walks, I'm enjoying my audiobooks once again. I think our rainy season is on its way out! Hope you find a good audiobook for your flights.

      Delete
  2. I don't have the patience for long audiobooks, so I applaud you for tackling Lonesome Dove and Cutting for Stone on audio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, I don't mind a long audiobook as long as it's engaging. I almost gave up on Lonesome Dove, but it eventually grabbed my interest. I'm currently listening to another long one -- The Story of Edgar Sawtelle. It's my second time listening to it and it's very good!

      Delete
  3. I've only listened to two of these (Lonesome Dove and The Anthropocene Reviews) and they both added to the overall reading experience. Hope to listen to Thank You for Listening, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoAnn, the Whelan book was entertaining, although looking back on my review, it wasn't as memorable as I thought it would be. Still worthwhile, though.

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!