November 3, 2020

R.I.P. XV Results

 

I'm very pleased with my RIP XV reading challenge results! I selected a dozen books from which to choose and read five, abandoned three, and started one that I knew I wouldn't finish before the 31st, but will still count. 


Books Read (click on link for review):

Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough (4/5)

Every Last Lie by Mary Kubica (2/5)

Elevation by Stephen King (2/5)

Blood Harvest by S.J. Bolton (4/5)

Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz (4/5)

A Field of Darkness by Cornelia Read (in progress)


Books Abandoned:

The House on the Strand by Daphne Du Maurier

Sycamore by Bryn Chancellor

The Good Daughter by Alexandra Burt

This was a good challenge to help whittle away at my TBR stacks, particularly those four ARCs that have been sorely neglected. While there were a couple of duds, the others were very good and I plan to read more by those authors (Pinborough, Bolton and Horowitz).

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a spooky R.I.P.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenclair, I am very pleased with my results for this challenge!

      Delete
  2. You did great Les. I only read Elevation from your list. I completed the challenge-fun as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, it's a fun challenge, isn't it? Now on to Nonfiction November!

      Delete
  3. I only chose four reads for RIP and only read two. I got sidetracked with King's Lisey's Story. Now I know why I never read it. HE said it is his best book so I was interested. Mostly because I've read everything but not that one. Oh, it was not good. I gave it 20% on my Kindle and gave up but that ruined me for the next RIP read. Oh well. Now I am struggling to find a current read. I have picked up four books and given up on them about twenty pages in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ti, I'm sorry to hear that Lisey's Story was disappointing. I hope you find something to settle into. I'm having a difficult time focusing on reading right now.

      Delete
  4. You did so well with the challenge! Very curious about the Cornelia Reed book so hopefully that's turning out to be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iliana, I was very pleased with my RIP results! I just posted my review for the Cornelia Read book and thought it was a winner. So far, there are 4 in that series!

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!