January 9, 2022

Books Read in 2021

The Overdue Life of Amy Byler by Kelly Harms (2/5)

Kindred by Octavia E. Butler (3/5)

The Fireman by Joe Hill (3/5)

All the Devils Are Here by Louise Penny (5/5)

The Yellow Bird Sings by Jennifer Rosner (3/5)

Pigs in Heaven by Barbara Kingsolver (4/5)

The Daughters of Erietown by Connie Schultz (4/5)

A Share in Death by Deborah Crombie (4/5)

The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff (1/5)

The World We Found by Thrity Umrigar (3/5)

Stars of Alabama by Sean Dietrich (3/5)

Young Jane Young by Gabrielle Zevin (4.5/5)

All Shall Be Well by Deborah Crombie (3/5)

If I Stay by Gayle Forman (4/5)

The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead (2/5)

Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult (4.5/5)

Beartown by Fredrik Backman (5/5)

A Quiet Life in the Country by T. E. Kinsey (4/5)

Leave the Grave Green by Deborah Crombie (3/5)

Circe by Madeline Miller (5/5)

The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett (3/5)

Three Hours in Paris by Cara Black (1/5)

Gift From the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh (2/5)

Commonwealth by Ann Patchett (4/5)

A Thousand Mornings by Mary Oliver (4/5)

Felicity by Mary Oliver (4/5)

Afterlife by Julia Alvarez (3/5)

Blue Horses by Mary Oliver (4/5)

Mourn Not Your Dead by Deborah Crombie (4/5)

Testimony by Anita Shreve (4.5/5)

Dog Songs by Mary Oliver (2/5)

Dreaming of the Bones by Deborah Crombie (2/5)

The Oregon Trail by Rinker Buck (2/5)

28 Summers by Elin Hilderbrand (4.5/5)

Kissed a Sad Goodbye by Deborah Crombie (4/5)

Migrations by Charlotte McConaghy (3.5/5)

Still Me by Jojo Moyes (4.5/5)

Dear Edward by Ann Napolitano (4/5)

The Sewing Room by Rev. Barbara Cawthorne Crafton (3/5)

On Island Time by Hilary Stewart (4/5)

Writers & Lovers by Lily King (4.5/5)

Anxious People by Fredrik Backman (2/5)

House Rules by Jodi Picoult (4.5/5)

The Most Fun We Ever Had by Claire Lombardo (4.5/5)

A Finer End by Deborah Crombie (2/5)

In the Market for Murder by T.E. Kinsey (3/5)

The One I Left Behind by Jennifer McMahon (4/5)

The Survivors by Jane Harper (2/5)

The Madness of Crowds by Louise Penny (4/5)

Falling by T.J. Newman (4/5)

The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley by Hannah Tinti (5/5)

And Justice There Is None by Deborah Crombie (4/5)

Living Out Loud by Anna Quindlen (2/5)

The Splendid and the Vile by Erik Larson (5/5)

A Homemade Life by Molly Wizenberg (5/5)

The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab (3.5/5)

The Longest Road by Philip Caputo (2/5)

Notes on Grief by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (3/5)

Broken Horses by Brandi Carlile (3/5)

I Miss You When I Blink by Mary Laura Philpott (3/5)

Delancey by Molly Wizenberg (4/5)

Yeah, No. Not Happening. by Karen Karbo (1/5)

The Midnight Library by Matt Haig (4/5)

8 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great list! So much variety. I loved Circe and The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley, thanks to your recommendations. I also really enjoyed many of your "4" rated books. And as you know, I liked Anxious People even though you only gave it a "2." Try it again when you have time! :-)) Still on my list is The Splendid and the Vile and A Homemade Life. Thank you for all of your wonderful reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laurel! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed Circe and The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley. I still think a lot about both of those book. I doubt I'll give Anxious People another chance, but I'm glad you liked it. :) Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. Great list, I like that you bolded the 5/5 so I could see them clearly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Helen. It helped to do so when I started putting together my year end summary.

      Delete
  3. Your summary is stunning. It's amazing how many people have very detailed lists and statistics on what they read, thanks in many ways to Goodreads. I have no idea how many books I've read recently!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mae. I enjoy looking back each year to see what I read.

      Delete
  4. Impressive! I have many of your books on my list for next year. I am excited about The Midnight Library, getting close to getting from the library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina. The Midnight Library is a very thought-provoking book. I really enjoyed it and am anxious to read more by Haig.

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!